I made my first salad dressing from scratch! Salad dressing was the one thing I was always intimidated to make myself, just general laziness when you can just buy a bottle of it. lol My favorite salad dressing is Trader Joe's reduced fat Cilantro Dressing so I thought I'd try making it myself. Here's the ingredient list for their dressing:
Mayonnaise dressing (water, expeller pressed canola oil, modified food starch, distilled vinegar, soy protein, apple cider vinegar, non fat dry milk, lemon juice concentrate, onion powder, xanthan gum, vitamin E, natural flavor, mustard oil, paprika), nonfat milk (fat free milk, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin d3), red wine vinegar (contains sulfites), cilantro, pasilla chile, garlic, cojita cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, skim milk, sea salt, enzymes), pumpkin seeds [natural soybean oil (refined), salt, wheat flour, pepitas], xanthan gum.I stored my dressing in my Wean Green glass food storage container. It's not as thick as it looks.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Siggi's 0%)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 or 2 garlic gloves
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- dash of onion powder, mustard powder, paprika (optional)
- Combing the cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime and salt in a food processor.
- Then slowly add in the olive oil and vinegar
Makes 12 - 1 TB servings
48 cal, 1g protein, 5g fat, 1g sugar