It's cherry season and I've really gotten into eating them since I bought a cherry pitter. I've made this recipe a few times now as it's become one of my favorites. I've tried it with honey but thought the honey's taste was too strong for this recipe. I've also done half and half with coconut milk for a richer taste. The vanilla is the key ingredient, don't forget it, and taste your batter to make sure it's flavored perfectly before freezing in your molds. Don't use vanilla yogurt, it has added sugar in it. You can add a drop of liquid stevia to this if it's still not sweet enough for you.
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pits removed
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight
Recipe Source: thechicbrulee