After making pina colada popsicles I thought I should try the same for oatmeal. This is similar to my Tropical Oatmeal I made last year.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1/3 cup pineapple
- raw cashews or chopped walnuts
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp yacon syrup or maple syrup
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Bring milk to boil on the stove. Then add the the oats and reduce heat. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the yacon syrup and top with pineapple, nuts, raisins, and coconut.