I bought some sugar free apple butter from the orchard store that tastes just as good as regular apple butter! I also got some local raw honey. The store smelled so good with all the apple pies and various baked goods, I wanted to come home and make something healthy with my apples. This recipe has no white flour, white sugar or oil and still tastes sweet and moist.
- 1 3/4 cups Spelt flour
- ¼ cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking blend
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 TB liquid egg whites
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup of Fage 0% plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (flour, powders, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and walnuts).
3. In another large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg whites, shredded apple, and yogurt).
4. Add wet ingredients to dry slowly and stir until mixed. Be careful not to overmix the batter as spelt flour is delicate.
5. Spoon the batter into prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 60 minutes at 325F or until a knife comes out clean.
Makes 9, 1-inch thick slices
For another healthy bread recipe check out my Oil-free Zucchini walnut bread.
Also see my Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal.