Last weekend my mother and I hopped on the Silver Line and headed out to Tysons Mall for a day filled with shopping. We stood in line for an hour at the NYX store where they were nice enough to serve us treats in line and gave us a goody bag. I talked about NYX a couple years ago on my blog, it’s an affordable makeup brand that doesn't test on animals. NYX is named after the Greek Goddess NYX, not to be confused with NYC. My local CVS has really expanded its selection of NYX products, but still I was super excited to visit NYX's first brick and mortar store in VA because every single product will be available in one place. My mother got a huge haul of products for under $100! She had a full makeover at the Beauty Bar where a member of the squad tested out new makeup looks on her. The store had rows of gorgeous lipsticks and lip glosses it was so hard to choose a color for myself! NYX is constantly trying out new formulas and shades to offer the best products to their customers as evident by the frequent emails I receive from them with new products.
Here are 14 NYX products (which cost $12 or less) that are some of my favorites:
1. Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - I love this stuff!
2. Micro Brow Pencil $10 (compared to Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz at $21)
3. HD Eye Shadow Base
4. Pro Dual Fiber Precision Brush
5. Makeup Setting Spray – Matte (a staple for me)
6. Makeup Brush Cleaner
7. Studio Finishing Powder
8. Slim Lip Pencil in Ever $3.50 (I bought it as a dupe for my favorite MAC pencil that retails for $16)
9. Dark Circle Concealer
10. Teardrop blending sponge
11. Makeup Wipes
12. Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi (deep rose beige)
13. Lip Lingerie in Push-Up (a matte brown spice pink)
14. Full Throttle Lipstick in Firestorm (bright red)
Have you tried anything from NYX? What’s your favorite item? Or what would you like to try?